Marital relationship breakdown is generally a very difficult time for the parties and the children. The Family Solicitor therefore needs not only to be a solicitor but also sometimes a friend and counsellor. At Alexander Rose, we will be able to provide this whilst also providing you with a professional, objective view and retaining your overall aims in perspective.
There are five facts that a party can use to establish the marriage has broken down irretrievably. The fact is used merely as evidence that the marriage has broken down.
The purpose of a divorce is to terminate a marriage between two people. However, you can only obtain a divorce if you have a legal reason for the court to then decide.
- Your partner has committed adultery and you find it intolerable to continue living with him/her.
- Your partner has been abusive or behaved in such a way that it would be unreasonable to continue living with him/her.
- Your partner has purposefully left you for a continuous period of at least 2 years or more.
- You have been living separately from your partner for two years or more and they consent to the divorce being granted.
- You have been living separately from your partner for five years or more, whether or not your partner agrees to the divorce.
- 1 Spurway Parade, Woodford Avenue, Gants Hill, Essex, IG2 6UU
Nearest Station is Gants Hill which is 0.4 miles from our office.
The following buses run from Gants Hill Station along Woodford Avenue:
123, 179, 462, 679
- 0203 8133 244
- Email Us