In the vast majority of cases of domestic violence, it is experienced by women and is perpetrated by men. Any form of violence can have a great impact on a person. Here at Alexander Rose, we offer maximum support and advise you to reach out for help at the early stages.
Domestic Violence is any incident, involving controlling, coercive or threatening behaviour, violence or abuse, between persons aged 16 or over who are or have been intimate partners or family members.
An Injunction is a type of Court Order which forbids an abuser from doing specific things. If the abuser disobeys the Order, he can be punished by being fined or sent to prison. There are two types of Injunction available under the Family Law Act of 1996.
A Non-Molestation Order will protect you from violence or harassment. The abuser does not have to have been physically violent towards the victim. The order can:
- Forbid the abuser from being violent towards the victim or any children within the family.
- Forbid threatening violence or from harassing, pestering or intimidating the victim.
- Stop him/her from coming within a certain distance of their home.
- Forbid him/her from damaging or disposing of their belongings.
An Occupation Order deals with who resides in the home. It can:
- Order the abuser to move out of the home or to stay away from the home.
- Order him/her to stay a certain distance away from the home.
- Order him/her to stay in certain parts in the home.
- Order him/her to allow the victim back into the home, if he has locked them out.
- Order him/her to pay the mortgage, rent or bills for the home.
- Order him/her not to damage or destroy the home.
The type of Occupation Order applied for depends on whether the victim of the abuser are legally entitled to the property and dependent on the type of relationship they have.
Prohibited Steps Order is an Order from the Court prohibiting a party from taking a specific step.
You can apply for an Injunction if you have been the victim of Domestic Violence. The Court Order will either protect you or your child from being harmed or threatened by the person who has abused you (NMO), or it will decide who can live in the family home and enter the surrounding area (OO).
Alexander Rose Solicitors are able to offer services for people suffering from Domestic Violence and Abuse. If our clients are not with granted with Legal Aid, we will assist as best as we can. In the case of an emergency concerning Domestic Violence, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of the team will be able to deal with your queries as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
- 1 Spurway Parade, Woodford Avenue, Gants Hill, Essex, IG2 6UU
Nearest Station is Gants Hill which is 0.4 miles from our office.
The following buses run from Gants Hill Station along Woodford Avenue:
123, 179, 462, 679
- 0203 8133 244
- Email Us